Aug 11, 2009
















As a mixture of drool, butter, and juices of every little kernel on the cob trickle down my chin I declare today's lunch the best of all. It consisted of homemade raw vegan sunflower and pumpkin seed pate rolled in romaine leaves with tomatoes. Along with that was fresh sweet corn from alvins (the tomatoes and romaine from alvins as well). Before I get too into this blog I would like to address a couple of things. First off, I aplogize for not writing more. Cal has done a fantastic job and I will attempt to contribute more of my side of things. Secondly, I suck at grammar, spelling, and apostrophies. These are things I don't care about. Ask me to make you a burre blanc that won't break and now were talking (got it.... good.) I have posted a few pictures of things that have been keeping me very busy. Our awesome coffee table that cal haggled for $10 at the flea market, we brought home and i sanded and stained the whole thing. I love that table. The other two pictures are of our newest housemate. He goes by the name, Zappa Wibeaux. He is about 9 months old and was found in an abandoned trailer. He is a chocolate lab (I disagree) sharpe, terrier mix. We love him. Last weekend bruce and I went to helena for a meeting at the department of agriculture in helena. There were about five organizations total including us, all non-profits looking for $$. Actually the five organizations there are the ones that already got money and now just had to let them know how we were planning on using it. Bruce and I had breakfast at this awesome little place in downtown helena called "no sweat". We met his friend and her co-worker who also work for a non-profit. I listened to their conversation about grants and proposals and ate one of the best tofu scrambles i've had yet. After that we went to the dept of ag downtown. I sat there (the youngest by at least 20 years) took notes, and observed. I can't describe how important I felt. One minute working 16 hour days/nights sauteing seafood dishes for 400+ people in a 110 degree kitchen, the next sitting at a table at the dept of ag in the capital of montana talking non profit with a handlful of people that have been doing this their entire life! Oh, life... it's beautiful, always changing, and never dull. The meeting was from 10-2 (actually like 2:20 because this one lady wouldn't shut up about her personal questions). We left there and did a little thrifting. Thrifting: The act of shopping at a thrift store for things you don't really need but pretend you do because its so damn cheap. After that and a horrible trip to petco (which I choose not to discuss) we were on our way back to glendive WITH 500 LBS of FRESH CHERRIES. Don't ask me what happened, but bruce was talking to some lady and all of a sudden we are loading 500lbs of fresh cherries into the van. We got on the road and returned to glendive at around 2am with about 480lbs of fresh cherries, a stomach ache, and heavy eyes. This week has been fairly easy except for raising a puppy. Now me and cal have to leave tomorrow to go back to helena for CBI (which she already explained). I am beggining to loathe the ride to helena. Beautiful...of course it is, but beauty isn't so beautiful when stared at from a car for 7 hours. At least it will give us a chance to get some things we can't get here in the dive. That could be a whole seperate blog entry. How I've always lived in small towns, but have had access to just about anything within 1-2 hours. Here, if you need something, you order it offline, or wait for a trip to helena. Its good though because I don't spend any money when i'm here. Well, I'm getting up early tomorrow to drive to north dakota where our good friend cole is going to watch the pup for me while we're gone. Tonight: one more walk to the park and much needed sleep.

1 comment:

ShareThis